The FDA option can be used with Keysight's Infiniium and InfiniiVision Series oscilloscopes and enables them to acquire live signals from the oscilloscope and visualize them in the frequency domain as well as make key frequency domain measurements. The option is provided with its source code to enable users to write their own extensions. In addition, Keysight provides a number of Matlab software tools.
The application provides capabilities to address several frequency domain analysis challenges, including
- Power spectral density (PSD) and spectrogram visualization, commonly found in spectrum analyzer and frequency domain analysis software.
- Frequency domain measurements in an application including relevant peaks in the PSD and measurements such as occupied bandwidth, SNR, total harmonic distortion (THD), spurious free dynamic range (SFDR) and frequency error.
- Oscilloscope configuration through the application to allow for repeatable instrument configuration and measurements; optionally includes additional SCPI commands for more advanced instrument setup.
- Insertion of additional custom signal processing commands prior to frequency domain visualization, as needed, for more advanced analysis insight.
- Live or post-acquisition analysis of time-domain data in Matlab software.
For more information visit www.keysight.com/find/FDA