First MIPI M-PHY receiver and transmitter tests with switch automation
The latest offerings from Agilent and partner BitifEye provide an efficient means of testing multilane devices. Engineers can use them to easily resolve signal-integrity issues and conduct in-depth conformance tests and product validation and characterization, including margin tests.
This is the first time that complete receiver and transmitter testing—from initialization to result retrieval—has been shown with a real M-PHY/UniPro device running at HS Gear2 speed.
“Agilent has been very active for many years in the MIPI alliance to better serve consumers and customers in the mobile industry,” said Roland Scherzinger, Agilent’s MIPI program manager. “Our focus has been on M-PHY-based applications such as Camera Serial Interface, Universal Flash Storage or Low-Latency Interface.”
“BitifEye is dedicated to providing global customers with application-specific accessories and automation software for high-speed digital test,” said Alexander Schmitt, CEO of BitifEye. “Our 2100 series switch system enables fast, accurate and reliable testing of multilane transmitter and receiver devices.”
Agilent U7249B-1FP MIPI M-PHY compliance test software runs on Infiniium 90000 Series oscilloscopes. The software provides physical-layer transmitter compliance measurements based on the MIPI M-PHY conformance test suite.
U7249B-7FP switch matrix software automates test for the individual lanes on a multilane bus. Supported switch-matrix hardware models include Agilent’s U3020AS26 and the BIT-2100 series models from BitifEye. Agilent’s N2809A PrecisionProbe oscilloscope probe and cable correction software can remove the loss and skew introduced when switch paths are added to the measurement setup.
Accurate MIPI M-PHY physical-layer receiver testing is provided by Agilent’s high-performance bit error ratio testers: ParBERT 81250A for multilane and J-BERT N4903B for single-lane testing. The instruments are controlled by the N5990A-165 MIPI M-PHY receiver test automation software, which saves customers significant engineering time by automatically calibrating and performing receiver tolerance tests based on the MIPI M-PHY conformance test suite. N5990A test automation software is complemented by BitifEye’s Frame Generator software BIT-2060-0001-0 for debugging and trouble-shooting.
- Test system for eMBMS applications
- Test setup for four component carrier aggregation
- Keysight EXF wireless test set supports high-volume manufacturing of Broadcom-based femtocells
- Freescale and Bell Labs explore wireline and wireless virtualization on the road to 5G
- Keysight to demonstrate LTE-A functionality of latest UXM wireless test set
- SP2T 100 W reflective pin diode switch
- Signal Hound unifies spectrum analyser and generator products under open-source GUI
- Anite and Chinese laboratory collaborate on TD-LTE and LTE-Advanced testing
- SP12T RF MEMS switch to be demonstrated
- 50 GHz DPDT transfer switch series
- Bosch looks to the smartphone for electromobility
- RF electromechanical relay switches boast 2 to 10 million life cycles
- Monolithic quad SPST analog switches consume under 0.01 μW
- BERT first to offer adjustable and integrated intersymbol interference capability
- Harman strenghtens position in OTA, IoT and cloud computing with takeovers
- 5G: looking for the next generation wireless infrastructure
- Mesh protocol over Bluetooth Smart optimized for Internet of Things
- Bluetooth SIG promises mesh networking in 2016 to drive home automation and IoT
- NXP and Freescale to merge in $40 billion deal
- A new structural variant of carbon called "penta-graphene"
- Apple and Ericsson fight over LTE patents as IEEE looks to change wireless IP rules
- Samsung S6 phones pack 14nm SoC
- SIGFOX secures a record $115 million funding for global IoT
- Graphene competitor molybdenum disulfide easier to make
- ARM and IBM bring the Internet of Things to the cloud
- Breakthrough in TX-to-RX isolation in reconfigurable, multiband FEMs for mobile phones
- Artificial tree harvests solar energy to charge mobile and other devices
- Silicon Labs buys Bluegiga for leading Bluetooth and Wi-Fi porfolio
- LTE and LTE-Advanced infrastructure a $33 billion opportunity
- SP12T RF MEMS switch to be demonstrated
- Software-Defined Radio Handbook
- Upgrading Analogue Radios with Digital Voice Encryption Easily and Cost Effectively
- Top 5 Trends in Product Development and Test Engineering
- RF/Microwave Instrumentation Â“SÂ” Series Amplifiers
- Application Guide to RF Coaxial Connectors and Cables
- Selecting Microwave/RF Cable Assemblies for Reliable Performance Over Time