Cadence drives giga-gate/gigahertz design at 28-nm with digital end-to-end flow
Driven by the Cadence Silicon Realization approach, the new Encounter-based flow provides a faster, more deterministic path to achieve giga-gate/gigahertz silicon through technology integration and significant core architecture and algorithm improvements in a unified design, implementation and verification flow. Working seamlessly with Cadence's analog/mixed-signal and silicon/package co-design domains, the new digital 28-nanometer flow enables designers to consider the entire chip flow holistically to drive breakthroughs in high-performance, low-power, mixed-signal, and even 3D-IC designs- critical success factors for mobility-based and multimedia SoCs.
The new flow, available immediately, supports Cadence's approach to Silicon Realization through its focus on unique and pervasive design intent, abstraction, and convergence from RTL to GDSII, then through to packaging. Silicon Realization is a key element of the EDA360 vision.
Eliminating the need for tradeoffs between complexity and advanced process nodes, the new flow optimizes complex design at 28 nanometers, providing a path for advanced SoC development to realize the cost benefits of smaller geometries. Key to the flow's performance (add link to Wei Lii's blog) is a unified digital design, implementation, and verification based on intent, abstraction, and convergence.
“The complexity of 28-nanometer design coupled with the need to support complex giga-gate/gigahertz requirements demands an integrated end-to-end flow,” said David Desharnais, senior director, Silicon Realization product marketing. “Our unique Silicon Realization approach allows our customers to push their SoC designs to new levels in order to deliver the highest performance silicon for multimedia, communications and computing applications. Today's announcement of our comprehensive 28-nanometer digital Silicon Realization flow continues our push toward realizing the EDA360 vision.”
The Encounter-based Silicon Realization digital end-to-end flow includes technologies such as Encounter RTL Compiler, Encounter Digital Implementation System, Encounter Conformal technologies, Encounter Test, Encounter Timing System, Cadence QRC Extraction, Encounter Power System and Encounter DFM technologies.
For further information: www.cadence.com.
- Coaxial cables qualified to European Space Agency Standard 3902
- IF receiver IC delivers 385 MHz bandwidth
- High-power low-pass filters
- Richardson RFPD announces Hittite Microwave products from ADI
- Pressure monitoring RFID tag covers 0 bar to 30 bar
- MHL 3 source compliance test software
- Advanced V2X system boasts accurate satellite positioning
- Low-jitter 1.25-GSPS clock IC
- UHF could usher in 'super-Wi-Fi'
- I3C sensor interface embraces mobile
- EM software Sonnet Suites V15 adds capabilities, control and saves time
- 'Smart spaces' use light to send data
- Wideband IF receiver chip delivers high dynamic range
- 2.4 GHz wireless transceiver for industrial applications
- Wide bandwidth microwave vector signal analyser and fast CW signal generator
- Stopping a new breed of hackers accessing unconnected computers or smartphones
- Holographic smartphone created in China wins 2015 CES Innovations Award
- Lead atoms on a graphene sheet enable powerful magetic fields
- Apple Watch drives wireless charging market
- Element Six accelerates synthetic diamond development for RF to quantum networks
- RF car key could make vehicles 'cool' according to NXP
- Tiny solar-powered radio chip for wireless monitoring
- Intel boosts wireless credentials with button size SoC for wearable devices
- Coaxial connectors: straight talking on torque
- The future of wireless TV: No screen
- Fast steering and shaping of light beams for communications and fast moving holographs
- Shape memory alloy optical image stabiiser debuts in smartphone
- Tailor-made graphene edges fine tune material properties
- WiGig USB 3.0 adaptor to demonstrate 4K video streaming at CES 2015
- Advanced networks and displays inspired by spider's web
- Upgrading Analogue Radios with Digital Voice Encryption Easily and Cost Effectively
- Top 5 Trends in Product Development and Test Engineering
- RF/Microwave Instrumentation Â“SÂ” Series Amplifiers
- Application Guide to RF Coaxial Connectors and Cables
- Selecting Microwave/RF Cable Assemblies for Reliable Performance Over Time
- 5 Best Practices for Designing Flexible Test Stations